Monday, February 8, 2010

frames are all good !


I am keeping a steady pace since I am fascinated by the idea of actually making my own boat. Although I have a really hard time working at it on weekdays I try to manage a few things everynight and then dedicate as many hours as my wife and daughters will tolerate on weekends. Too much noise and dust to really convince them to join me, so I am working by myself in my garage which I now call my 'atelier' !
Frames are all finished up and they look pretty good. I am happy ! By the way, I started cutting with the circular saw and although the cut itself is much cleaner and faster, I ended up switching to a jig saw which I am more familiar with. Almost all panels and frames were cut with a jig saw. A piece of advise : no need to buy an expensive circular saw if you already have a jig saw. Just use a small metal blade instead of the wood blade. You 'll get a much cleaner and precise cut although your cutting speed will be reduced. Just let the saw do the cutting and concentrate on following the painted edges. You will be surprised at how straight long lines actuallly come out !

No comments:

Post a Comment