Friday, June 10, 2011

final look



That is it ! Hull is finished for good and I am flipping the boat tomorrow to finish off the top.

So overall I really over did it and ended up using Interprotect , VC Tar and VC Offshore . But all that should help avoiding water infiltration and osmosis. Hopefully its money well spent...

Vc Offshore is a bit weird though...First of all the can I bought was supposed to be white....
To start off when I opened the can what they call white is actually more a light beige or creme color. Than you dump 800grs of copper powder into it and you end up with something a bit purple or grey, but certainly not white ! The thing is supposed to change color after some days of immersion so I am curious to see what it will actually look like later.
And it is not an easy paint to roll mainly because it dries so fast. I did my best to avoid leaving roll marks but could not. The paint job, even after 3 coats, is pretty uggly. Seriously. Marks all over that are hard to show on the pictures...I guess this antifouling should be sprayed on instead of rolled on to get a smoother result.
But, although I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist and the results are not really what I expected, I dont really care because this whole part will be soon underwater ! Cant wait for that to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment