Sunday, August 15, 2010

little "trick" for "cleat"

Here is a little trick to help out if you are thinking about epoxing cleats to your frames to make for a larger glueing surface for the cockpit.

I am , because I sure as hell will not tape from underneath. So my cockpit will be build monoblock and glued in a single go. That might prove to be somehow challenging with the curing time I am having here due to extreme heat : about 10 mns with Slow Hardener.....


First of all my cleats are not squared but 45 degree , just like the sheer clamps. Anyways, the trick to glue cleats on frames is to do both sides simultaneously AND to add little bits of 45 on each side for the clamp to grab onto something flat. Might be easier to understand with a picture.


And trust me, it is pretty hard to get it right without this little trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment