Saturday, July 10, 2010

Larger glueing surface for cockpit

After Ben's long description on his blog of how it felt diving into the interior of the beast to glue the cockpit floor, I have been having nightmares.......Well , almost !


But there is NO WAY I will dare try to tape from underneath. Hey, this building should pleasurable and since I am a bit claustrophobic, that is simply out of the question !


So I decided to increase the bonding area of all frames to cockpit junction. I did just like Jeff of Alchemy and epoxied a 2cm x2cm split in half wherever needed AND on both sides of the frame.



So in total I will have 2cm (cleat on one side) +0,6 cm (ply of frame) + 2cm (cleat on other side) =4,6 cm.















That is almost 2 inches of bonding area. Should be enough and no matter what, it sure beats taping from underneath..........AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment