Friday, July 22, 2011

upper deck is painted



The upper half of the boat was finally painted. Again I used Perfection which I believe is a pretty great paint.
This time though I did not thin and did not tip. I just rolled it with a West roller made for applying epoxy. They work beautifully for paint....and the final result is really good. The paint really levels out great, no roller marks.
The cockpit side panels and the round transition received 2 layers of paint and so did the sides of the cabin house. The rest pretty much got one single layer for which I did not try to achieve full opacity as they will be covered up later with grey KiwiGrip.

I think I could have pay more attention to detail and done a better job on fairing those cockpit side panels. I might layout another layer on those panels and try to give them some texture to hide out some of the not so fair spots....Or maybe I will use Kiwi in the sides as well.....I will see that soon.
I am now off to Brazil for a well deserved 2 weeks break....I will dream about my boat (for sure) as there is little else to do before splashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment