Saturday, November 13, 2010

White cabin



First layer of paint went on the cabin. It is looking pretty cool although also I also liked the color of my clear plywood.


But since the cabin is a bit small and very little light will get through , I'd rather have it as clear and spacious as possible. White helps a great deal in that sense.

I used Brightside for the job because I had leftover from my keel job. I also used a spray gun to get some practice since I intend to paint my hull that way.

Josh was great in giving me all the hints but I have to admit that I still have a looooooonf way to go before I am satisfyed with my spraying abilities.

Some panels came out great. Some others were so terrible I had to grab my paint roll to fix it. Overall it is not too shabby but that is because the paint I am using is so good. Brightside is really nice and easy to apply.

My wife after seeing my paint job on the boat, said I could go on and paint the house..... :(

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've been busy Jerome. All that work looks great--when are you going to make a mistake, yours still looks better than mine !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete